The Latest News, Trends & Industry Insights
In an industry that’s ever-evolving, follow ShadowLens for the latest updates, news, research and insights on cybersecurity, compliance risks and user analytics.
- US sanctions Russian government, security firms for SolarWinds breach, election interferenceThe Biden administration places economic sanctions on Russian government agencies, individuals, and companies including several security firms. ... read more
- Top 5 skills a SOC analyst needsWhether building a new security operations centre or revamping an existing one, staffing it with analysts that are equipped with these skills should be priority ... read more
- Google’s Logica language addresses SQL’s flawsOpen source logic programming language compiles to SQL and runs on Google BigQuery, with experimental support for PostgreSQL and SQLite. ... read more
- FBI cleans web shells from hacked Exchange servers in rare active defence moveThe FBI has been deleting backdoors placed by cyberespionage group Hafnium on Microsoft Exchange servers. The court order allowing them to do so signals a ... read more
- ACCC strikes victory against Google location tracking misuseGoogle Australia has lost its court battle with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission in a landmark case relating to its data privacy settings. ... read more
- Details of over 5,000 people exposed in Swinburne uni breachSwinburne University of Technology has revealed it has responded to a data breach that made information about more than 5,000 people available online. ... read more